Tuesday, February 26, 2013


I was told that I had been slacking on my blog posts. All I can tell you is 5 classes is a lot of homework and I will do my best to have at least one post a week! I should be working on a paper right now but I just made one of my favorite appetizers for lunch and I just had to share it with you.


Goat Cheese baked with Marinara Sauce

For the Marinara Sauce:
1 carrot chopped
1/2 onion chopped
Chicken stock
16 oz of canned tomatoes (whatever kind you like, I use San Marzano whole tomatoes)
minced garlic
whatever spices you like (I use chili powder, mild green chilies, oregano, basil, and a touch of cayenne,)
  • Put it all in a pot, let it go for 30 minutes, remove the onion ( toss it after it cools), use your immersion and puree the sauce to the consistency you prefer.
For the Goat Cheese:
6 to 8 oz of Goat Cheese
4 oz of Cream Cheese (keep it real)
2 ounces of Ricotta (optional...I have made it without and I didn't miss it)
  • Place all your cheese in a bowl and mix well. Form your cheese into a ball.
Set your oven to 350F. Grab a casserole dish, add the 2 cups of marinara to the dish then add the Goat Cheese mix on top of the marinara sauce. Place in the oven for 25 minutes.

In the mean time....

Grab your Baguette, French Bread or whatever kind of bread you like to make garlic bread. Brush with some Olive Oil, Extra Virgin or whatever you like. Next spread some minced garlic over the top and sprinkle with some basil or oregano. Place it in the oven during the last 10 minutes with the Goat Cheese.

There you have it, my favorite appetizer ever! Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment