Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Rachel Khoo book signing.

Last Thursday I had the chance to meet the chef from The Little Paris Kitchen. She is everything I thought she would be and then some! She is so adorable and very friendly. I just love her take on french cuisine and I can't wait to start cooking some of her recipes from the book. She did a quick cooking demo before the book signing, allowing some young audience members to help her out. Rachel made a Cafe Gourmand, a trio of desserts, and then she did a quick Q & A. She is definitely the kind of person who could be one of your girlfriends. I mean, if I lived in Paris, if I knew her, I could see myself hanging with her on a regular basis. She just has that energy about her. This day was made possible due to one of my best friends, Renee. She has a great eye for catching these things that pop up. If it wasn't for her, I would have never met one of my top 10 Chef's. Thank you Renee!

I did get the chance to discuss school, cooking styles, my blog, social media, and food styling. She was super sweet, very much tuned into having our little conversation and giving sound advice. Something I am not used to experiencing at a book signing.

(A little back story, I was flipping channels one day and stumbled across her show, Little Paris Kitchen, on the Food Network. The show is no longer being filmed and has since closed. I fell in love with the recipes and with Rachel in just one episode.)

The book....
A personal message for yours truly... :)
Me with Rachel
Rachel giving a demonstration...
A Cafe Gourmand!

No comments:

Post a Comment