Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Lynfred Winery


I had the chance to spend my Sunday afternoon at Lynfred Winery, in Roselle, IL. My friend Renee 'twisted my arm' into submission. ;) We had a great time, and I had my first tour of the facility.  I cannot believe that I had never heard of the place. Lynfred is a quaint little B&B / Winery all in one. An unexpected happy find of some finely crafted wine in the suburbs of Chicago!




I brought home a bottle of Sangiovese 2009 Reserve and a bottle of Pomegranate. I have never been a fan of fruity wines until Renee gave me a bottle of the Pomegranate for my birthday. Just one sip turned me into a fan. I really love their Mango and Black Raspberry flavors as well. Next trip will involve trying more of the fruity flavors. Surprisingly enough, the Pomegranate pairs well with pasta. I am still a red wine girl at heart but I can definitely get used to the fruity flavored wine when I have a taste for something sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment